Roasted Asparagus and Goat Cheese Quiche
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust
- 0.5 pound(s) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 0.75 cup(s) sour cream
- 0.5 cup(s) whole milk
- 0.25 teaspoon(s) freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 0.25 cup(s) fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 4 ounce(s) goat cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- Heat oven to 425°F. Fit the pie crust into and up the sides of a pie plate; fold the edge of dough underneath itself to create a thicker 1/2-in. border that rests on the lip of the pie plate and crimp as desired. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until lightly golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the asparagus, oil, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper, and roast on the oven rack underneath the quiche shell until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove crust and reduce oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, milk,1/4 tsp each salt and pepper, and nutmeg, if using. Add the asparagus, scallions and mint, and mix to combine; fold in the goat cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into the crust. Bake until just set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.