Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wednesday, November 24

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving--One Day Ahead Checklist:

-Peel Potatoes and place in a pot of cold water. Keep in the fridge.
-Clean veggies
-Prepare stuffing
-Spot clean (Again!)
-Check the TP in the bathrooms
-Put up decorations
-Buy flowers (for the table, if you use live flowers)
-Set the table (after dinner)
-Bake dishes that can be made ahead
-Put new batteries in the camera

This is an e-mail I once received and I've held onto it over the years:

I AM THANKFUL...

-For the wife who says “it's hot dogs tonight” because she is at home with me and not with someone else

-For the husband sitting in his recliner after dinner because he's at home with his family instead of out drinking with his friends

-For the teenager who's complaining about doing dishes because that means she's at home and not on the streets

-For a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, gutters that need fixing because that means I have a home

-For my huge heating bill because that means at least I am warm

-For the pile of laundry and ironing because it means I have clothes to wear

-For the alarm that goes off early in the morning because that means I am alive

For all these things and more...I am thankful

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment